EFGCP – European Forum for Good Clinical Practices
Rue de Washington 40
1050 Ixelles (Brussels)
firstname.lastname@example.orgIn this document:
- “We”, “Us”, “The Forum”, “EFGCP” refer to the EFGCP as a Not for Profit Organisation with its Representatives, Executives, and Employees of its Secretariat
- “Staff”, “Secretariat” refer to the employees working at EFGCP
- “You”, “Your” refer to anyone providing personal data within the framework of the EFGCP Website
- “Personal Data” refers to Your personal information, that can be used to identify You or Your Activities
- “EFGCP Members”, "Members", refer to all the stakeholders with a valid EFGCP Membership
- “Public Website”, “Main Website” refer to the publicly available website to which everyone can access
- “Account”, “Private Website”, “Private Area”, refers to the private part of the website to which only registered users can access
- “Members Area”, “Back-Office”, “Platform” refers to the private part of the website to which only Members or allowed users can access
- “Website”, “EFGCP Website” refer to the publicly available, private area and platform parts of the website
- “Activities” refers to any type of Events, Trainings, or Projects organised by the EFGCP Team
- “Visitor” refers to anyone who is consulting the public website
- “User” refers to anyone who has an account and use the private area services provided by the website
The Data Policies
Who is the Responsible for the Data
Processing of personal data is performed by EFGCP, and falls under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The EFGCP acts as a data controller and is committed to protect data of the Visitors, Users, and the Initiative Members.
- Account Data: Password, e-Mail, Confirmation date and Password Reset Date
- Profile Data: Name, Surname, Organisation, Address, Zip Code, City, Country, Stakeholder Status
- Billing Data: Billing Name, Billing Surname, Billing Organisation, Billing Address, Billing Zip Code, Billing City, Billing Country, Billing e-mail, VAT Number, Invoice Number, PO, References
- Payment Data: Type of Payment, Related Activitiy or Membership, Payment Method, Dates of Payments, Due Amounts, Due Dates
- Membership Data: Name, Surname, Organisation, eMail, Type of Membership, Application Date, Renewal Dates, Related Billing Information
- Registration Data: Type of Registration, Type of Activity, Registration Date, Registration Status, Related Billing Information
- Correspondence Data: E-mail Exchanges, Telephone Call & Web Conferences
- Account Data: The account e-mail address is used to login or password reset, for any technical or admin support related to the use of the Private Part, Platform, and for all contacts related to EFGCP Activities's Advertisement, Registration Procedures, Newsletters, or Administration
- Profile Data: The Profile data are used to identify the User in any administrative processes involved for the participation in EFGCP Activities or contact with EFGCP. The Stakeholder Status will be used to define Activities registration fees. Name, Surname, Organisation, and Country may be used to draft Activities participants' list that will be share with the related Activitie's Programme Committee. Name, Surname and eMail addresse will be used to register participation to a Virtual Activity in Zoom, from which Name and Surname will be seen by other participants in the Zoom's List of Participant during the Virtual Activity. Name, Surname and Organisation will be used on Participation Badges to identify Face to Face events' Participants. None of those data will be publicly displayed on the Website unless the user consent to it
- Billing & Payment Data: Billing & Payment Data will be used by the EFGCP Staff for all Invoicing and Payment related administration. Invoices will be provided to an external contractor who processes Accounting Belgian Legal Requirements for EFGCP. Payment Data and Stakeholder Status will be used to produce anonymous Budget and Statistics.
- Preferences & Consent Data: Consent and Preferences on how Data are processed, stored, and used will have to be provided by all Users. Users consent is mandatory to access the EFGCP Website's services, Register to any Activities, or Receive Marketing information from the EFGCP Initiative.
- Membership Data: Membership data will be used by EFGCP together with the Profile Data to process all Membership's admin and handlings necessary to enable the Members Privileges and Duties. They will also be used to produce anonymous Statistics.
- Registration Data: Registration data will be used by EFGCP together with the Profile Data to process all Registration's admin and handlings necessary to enable the Participant's Access to the related Activity. They will also be used to produce anonymous Statistics.
- Correspondence Data: Correspondence Data will be used to process and coordinate the different services provided by EFGCP and for administration around any activities privoded by EFGCP.
EFGCP processes all the above information, as data controller in the light of its legitimate interests to Assess anyone's legibility to access the EFGCP Website's Services, enable and maintain the Activities and Online Resources Repository, Build anonymous statistics, and process the admin related to the Activities and Membership.
EFGCP will not keep Account Data, Profile Data, and Preferences & Consent Data for more than 1 year after account deactivation. At the end of this period, we will either anonymize or delete the information. Attention: Name, Surname, Organisation, eMail addresses, Payment Data, Billing & Invoicing Data, and Correspondances related to the Registration to EFGCP Activities or EFGCP Membership will be kept for a longer period of time, and for as long as it is legally required by the Belgian Accounting Legislation.
What are your rights
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- request access to your personal data and/or to have one copy of it free of charge
- rectify Your personal data
- request the erasure of it
- to receive a copy of the personal data you provided to us for the purpose of transmitting it to other party(ies) or you directly
- to object or restrict its processing
Please not that it is your responsibility to update your personal data held in you EFGCP’s Online Account. However, EFGCP team may from time to time request You to update Your data. You can ask anytime about whether Your data are still being kept and used.
To exercise this and other rights or to complain about the processing of your data to EFGCP, you can contact EFGCP at any time at the following email address: email@example.com.
You have also the right to file a complaint about this processing with the data protection authority in Your country if you believe it is not performed appropriately.
Please, do not hesitate to contact EFGCP Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org, shall You have any question in relation to Your privacy by sending an e-mail to EFGCP’s Secretariat or by regular mail to
EFGCP – European Forum for Good Clinical Practices
Rue de Washington 40
1050 Ixelles (Brussels)
- We collect this Personal Data for the purpose of maintaining this Website, related IT systems and/or the provision of other support services, their evaluation or technical support
- Passwords are encrypted and EFGCP cannot view them or send them back to you. They can only be recovered by setting a new password, using the account associated e-mail
- The efgcp.eu and efgcp-events.eu domains are covered by an SSL Certificate. It protects exchanges of data between Visitors/Users and the Website, the Platform, or any other online service provided within the EFGCP website. Attention: It doesn’t cover services provided by Partners websites, it is up to the Visitor or User to verify that there is sufficient security when leaving the EFGCP Website's Environment
- EFGCP can access and view all data provided within an account except for the Password and will have the right to delete any data according to the Terms and Use of the services accessed.
Online Payments by Credit Card are not processed by EFGCP. Those Payments will be processed by Stripe Ltd.
Stripe is a trusted and secured online payment platform, more information are available here: Stripe. Credit Card Number, CVC, and Expiry Date data requested to execute the payment on the final payment webpage will not be stored or processed by EFGCP. If you are requested to enter your Credit Card information on a page within the efgcp.eu environment, please leave the page immediately and inform us at email@example.com
EFGCP will be able to access all the payment data except the Credit Card Information mentioned above. Those data will be used to process all the required accounting administration, and produce anonymous statistics. Refund or reimbursements are subject to the policy agreed when registering to the related activity, subscription, or membership.
Initiatives' or Activities' Outcomes
Any outcomes produced by a EFGCP Activity in which Users or Participants can consent to take part in could be used and published by EFCP, under EFGCP's name, at EFGCP’s own discretion. If you want to object to this policy, please inform EFGCP before taking part in any EFGCP activities.
Other Data transfer
- EFGCP may transfer Your data to recipients (EFGCP Initiative members, partners, collaborators, IT providers or auditing companies), including outside EU, to countries with less stringent privacy legal framework (such as USA) when required by its activities. Those transfer includes, but are not limited to:
- Transfer of Billing Information to EFGCP's Belgian Accountant: SOFIBEL
- Transfer of Budget Information to the EFGCP Initiative Members or EFGCP Board (Anonymous)
- Transfer of Activities' Lists of Attendance to the related Programme Committee and EFGCP Board Members
- Transfer of Anonymous Statistics
- EFGCP will, when necessary and possible and/or applicable, put in place appropriate safeguards (for example in a form of signed agreements and/or specific technical measures, or request to recipients to not share data publicly) in order to protect Your privacy as much as possible.
- EFGCP will inform you and retrieve your consent each time Personal Data that could or will be Transfer are submitted through Account or Activity registration
- EFGCP may also be obliged to disclose Your Personal Data where required by applicable laws, court orders or government regulation
Links to other sites