Ethics Working Party
The Ethics Working Party focuses on reflection and education regarding the ethics of biomedical research, particularly within the context of Good Clinical Practice. The focuses are primarily on the ethical review process, contemporary ethical issues in clinical research, and informed consent at the European and transnational levels within a global perspective. This is an international, multi-disciplinary, multi-sectorial group that meets three to four times a year and engages in various long-term projects, including projects funded by the European Commission and the World Health Organization.
The Working Party has several responsabilities:
- The preparation of guidance documents
- the organisation of international workshops and conferences on ethical topics, publications
- the collection and provision of information on European ethics committees
- the support and promotion of international education programmes in the ethics of biomedical research
- Assisting during the EFGCP Annual Conference with content sourcing and session chairing
Ethics is a key focal point across all of the activities of the EFGCP. This Working Party helps to focus the general discussion within the EFGCP and deepen its contribution to the European and global discussions, having a direct impact on policies and practices.