Children's Medicines Working Party
The EFGCP's Children’s Medicines Working Party (CMWP) promotes the highest scientific, ethical, safety, and quality standards for the design, conduct, and analysis of biomedical research and medicines development for children of all ages.
The CMWP is a Multi-Stakeholder Working Group with its scope of activities focusing on:
- Contributing to ethical, scientific, legal, safety and societal issues related to the design, conduct, analysis and reporting of biomedical research and development of new medicines for children of all ages. This includes addressing the specific needs of children for child appropriate formulations.
- Enhancing and maintaining effective cooperation with European and International organisations and relevant stakeholders (academic researchers, patient organisations, regulators, policy makers, pharmaceutical industry, learned societies, professional organisations and others) to facilitate the development of medicines to improve children’s health using the highest practical and ethical standards at the European and global level.
The main objectives of the CMWP relate to supporting the development of safe and effective medicines for children by:
- Providing a communication platform for members to identify issues, share best practices and latest information related to paediatric medicines and clinical trial designs in a global context
- Contributing ethically and scientifically to sound development processes and research practices in order to increase children’s access to effective and safe medicines
- Contributing to continuous training on paediatric medicines for experts in collaboration with European organisations (e.g. European Medicines Agency, Drug Information Association)
- Facilitating the discussion in Europe towards a broader public agreement on the needs for better medicines for children.